2012 DSQC Magnolia Talent Show Official Guidelines
· Performance will be judged on vocal or delivery of song, crowd response & stage performance and presentation, song choice, along with blend/tone/pitch
· No division of groups on age or performance
· Performance cannot exceed 5 minutes
· A keyboard, drums and sound system will be provided – no sound checks
· All vocalist or instrumentalist must be registered by 2:00 pm, on Sat. Dec 8th provide a 3 x 5 index card with your name, group, city, song performance and a brief description about yourself. The first 40 performers will be accepted. Any amount over 40 will be put on a waiting list, in the case there is no show on Sat. Registration begins – on line Nov 26th – and early registration is from 1pm to 2pm.
· $25 entrance fee, must be paid to be registered as a participate. May pay by cash, check or online
· All music must be Christian / gospel music. Prior registration secures a place for first 40 participants
· Tracks must be submitted on cd to sound booth upon registration by 2:30pm
· All ENTRANTS MUST ATTEND SAT NIGHT CONCERT. Winners will be announced during the Saturday night DSQC Concert. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be given a place to perform during SAT Night DSQC CONCERT.
· Any group scheduled for DSQC magnolia, can’t compete, in talent contest or immediate family member of any group schedule. Also anyone directly related to judges or Crusader’s , cannot compete.
· The DSQC Talent Competition Committee must approve all entrants before performing on stage.
· The Talent Competition Committee must accept all performances ENTRIES prior to 2pm on Sat.. Entries that do not conform to the Competition Rules and Regulations and/or do not provide complete and accurate information on the Competition Application Form will not be considered for competition. Entrants must observe all rules and regulations.
· The DSQC and its Talent Competition Committee reserve the right to remove from the talent show any entrant refusing to follow the rules and regulations of this competition.
· Vocal contestants may use a recorded accompaniment track with vocal background, but there shall
be no lead or dominant vocals on the track. For recorded accompaniment, a CD with only one track
· CD’s must be ready to play. Bring a second tape or CD as a back-up in case of malfunctions. (Caution: Not all “self-made” CD’s are readable on all sound equipment)
· The house system is used for all performances requiring sound and will be scaled to the venue use
and reasonable requirements of the performer. The talent competition stage manager has complete control of the sound system.
· DISCLAIMER NOTICE: The DSQC and its committees assumes NO liability or responsibility
for personal equipment and/or possessions. Please secure your belongings accordingly.
· A DVD of talent Contest can be purchased for $20 donation. Pay prior to Contest to ensure your copy at registration or online.
· The DSQC Talent Competition Committee will release artist their score cards after Sat night Concert closes, upon request at DSQC sound booth. Participant’s score cards will only be released to participant or signed parent or guardian. DSQC Talent Competition Committee has absolute and final decision in selecting winners of talent contest.
1ST PLACE – 20 hrs of Studio Time at Master’s Master Studio – Magnolia, AR
2ND – 15 hrs of Studio Time at Master’s Master Studio – Magnolia, AR
3RD – 10 hrs of Studio Time at Master’s Master Studio – Magnolia, AR
RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS
Photo Release Acceptance: I hereby consent to and authorize the reproduction and use of any and all photographs that the DSQC has taken of me as an entrant in the DSQC Talent Competition. The DSQC has permission to use photos in the future on the website or in publications without notice or compensation to me. All negatives, positives and prints shall become the sole and complete property of the DSQC. By signing this application, representing myself and /or my child, I agree to acceptance of all rules, regulations and releases of said competition stated in the Talent Competition Rules, and Regulations and in the Fairgrounds Rules and Regulations published at www.ds-qc.org
Application is hereby made for entry in the TALENT COMPETITION. In consideration of the acceptance of
The application, the entry agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and defend against any actions the DSQC Board or its sponsors, volunteers or employees from and against any and all liabilities whatsoever
Arising out of its participation in the DSQC Talent Competition at the Magnolia Jr High Auditorium. Failure to comply may cause denial of entry on the day of competition or jeopardize future participation.
I agree to the above and certify that I am the parent (s) or guardian (s) of minor amateur musician applicant and accept all rules of competition.
The Talent Competition Committee has sole authority in selection and scheduling acts for competition and will also have control over stage sets, sound, lights, power and overall (master) volume. The DSQC and its’ committees assume NO liability or responsibility for personal equipment and/or possessions.
Please secure your belongings accordingly
Mailing & Physical address 409 EAST NORTH ST MAGNOLIA, AR 71753